Skills Session Cost: $75 (Online Portion Not Included)
This course is AHA accredited and you will receive the same course completion card after completing your skills as you would from taking a traditional instructor-led class. PALS Heartcode® Part 1 is NOT included in the $75 purchase of a skills session. Must purchase and complete Part 1 on your own or add it as an Add On. Go to the onlineAHA website to register for this course on your own.
There are 3 parts to PALS Online HeartCode®:
1. Part 1 at your home or office: Online simulation and written test completion (Generally 4.0 to 6.0 hours for experienced providers and 8.0 to 12.0 hours for less experienced or new providers)
2. Parts 2 & 3 will be completed in our education center, skills practice and skills testing. We guarantee a relaxed, friendly learning environment.
HeartCode® PALS is a comprehensive program that uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. Using eSimulation technology, students can assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students also apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Perform high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course online (including achieving a score of 84% or higher on the course exam) and the hands-on session will receive a PALS Provider course completion card (eCard), valid for two years.
Skills sessions are also available by appointment: Call 951-234-7840 to register or schedule your skills session. We are available most days M-F 9-4 to complete your skills. HEARTCODE CLASSES ALSO AVAILABLE IN OUR ORANGE COUNTY CENTER! Call to inquire.